Performance Paddling Program
Four wonderful evenings of paddling proficiently to allow you to paddle further with less energy exerted and less hardship on the body.
- Boat, Paddle, Pfd
It is time to master the basics of your technical paddling skills with Erik Ogaard! This package of 4 evenings will appeal to both the already confident and seasoned paddler, as well as the very enthusiastic beginner with some basic experience. All are welcome and encouraged to join. The focus will be on presenting and practicing technical paddling proficiency in a fun and skill challenging manner. Your existing skills and boat control will be challenged in the most appropriate way for you to develop and progress beyond your current level. Paddling proficiently will always allow you to paddle further with less energy exerted and less hardship on the body. The respective outcomes of this program are intended to serve you for all your future paddling adventures.
Program Format: 4 exciting, glorious evenings & a potential lifetime of better paddling experiences
To see Minimum Age for this course and our Cancelation Policy, scroll down to The Fine Print.
What You Will Learn
- Confident boat control in multiple directions
- Improved body/boat/blade/brain connection
- Improved proficiency and performance delivery on the water
- Strategies and techniques for paddling in challenging conditions
- Physical fitness/stretches for better performance
Course Dates and Times
- Basic Paddling Skills - you have taken lessons and spent some time on the water and have adequate boat control
What to Bring
- Water/sports drink
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet.
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string
- A rain jacket/pants (optional)
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
The Fine Print
16 years of age
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before leaving for your program. In this case, we will try to re-schedule to another date or offer a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.