We are so excited to help you enjoy Toronto’s Waterfront and beautiful Toronto Islands. Please check out our Covid-19 Q&A for information on our safety protocols and frequently asked questions.
We ask that guests coming to rent a boat bring the following: a personal mask, hand sanitizer, and waterproof bag for your personal belongings to take in your boat, as day-use lockers will not be available. Although all safety equipment is included in the rental price, feel free to bring a personal lifejacket if desired.
We also ask that guests continue to practice social distancing of at least 2 metres (6′) when visiting our site and wear your mask when this is not possible.
Stay safe and have fun!
The beautiful 13 Toronto Islands are on our doorstep, with secluded beaches, bird sanctuaries, washrooms, picnic areas, a cottage-country feel, and many waterways to paddle and explore. Stay healthy and experience the wilderness in the city.
For safety reasons, all canoe rental guests will be shuttled on our pontoon boat at no extra charge to start and end their rental from our island dock.
Save 50% on your rentals with Frequent Paddler Codes.
Learn More about the Toronto Islands
- Find out where to get food and drinks and learn more about Toronto's rich history.
- View a map of the Toronto Islands and where to paddle with approximate timing.
- Download a map of the Toronto Islands and paddling boundaries.
Canoe Rental Fees
We have both 2 and 3-person canoes. Rentals include all safety equipment and taxes.
|Length of Time||Price|
|Up to 2 hours||$60|
|Up to 3 hours||$80|
Are you interested in saving up to 50% on your rental? Take advantage with our Frequent Paddler Codes.
|Start Time||Return Time|
|Monday-Friday||12 noon||Before sunset|
|Saturday-Sunday||10 am||By 5:30 pm|
Canoe Rental Requirements
- Previous paddling experience required for at least one paddler as renters will be assessed for paddling abilities. Renters will need to demonstrate canoe stability and control (i.e. going in a straight line, balance & stopping).
- Renters must be 18 or older (come prepared to show I.D.)
- Renters aged 17 years and under, coming WITH or WITHOUT a parent/guardian require parent/guardian to sign a youth waiver.
- Please check home page for weather/water conditions the day of your rental to make sure conditions match your abilities.
- If you plan on taking a dog you must supply a doggie lifejacket and your dog must have previous experience in a canoe.
- If you are running more than a half hour late for your rental, we would be happy to reschedule your booking. Just contact the office.
Try one of these options:
- Rent a tandem (2-person) kayak.
- Join a guided Big Voyageur Canoe Tour.
- Join a guided Tandem Kayak Tour.
- Enquire about our beginner canoe lessons.
What about Weather & Winds?
On windy days we work with the renter and their abilities and pontoon boat shuttle people and their rental equipment to start and end within the islands where the winds are broken. Canoes and Paddleboards are always rented by us this way even on less windy days since they are more susceptible to getting blown around. There is no extra fee for this, maybe just a bit more patience on your part as we shuttle folk back and forth. We thank you for your understanding as we try to keep everyone safe.
As for thunderstorms and heavy rain or extreme winds, we try to give you as much notice as possible when we cancel rentals. We give you the choice of a full refund or to move your reservation to another date. We ask everybody who has a rental reservation to check our homepage of our website before they leave home to check on any updates.
Clean Up the Bay and Save!
Come back from your favourite area with 3 bags of garbage, and you'll get your rental at half price! We'll even provide the garbage bags. It feels great and it is another way that we can work together for a cleaner paddling environment.