Stand Up Paddleboard Rentals
We are so excited to help you enjoy Toronto’s Waterfront and beautiful Toronto Islands. Please check out our Covid-19 Q&A for information on our safety protocols and frequently asked questions. Also before booking, please read our Stand Up Paddleboard Requirements below.
We ask that guests coming to rent a boat bring the following: a personal mask to wear on-site, hand sanitizer, and waterproof bag for your personal belongings to take in your boat, as day-use lockers will not be available. Although all safety equipment is included in the rental price, feel free to bring a personal lifejacket if desired. We also ask that guests continue to practice social distancing of at least 2 metres (6′) when visiting our site until this health protocol is lifted.
CANCELATION POLICY: In order to cancel and receive a full refund, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm the DAY PRIOR to your rental. Please do not leave a voice message.
Stay safe and have fun!
The beautiful 13 Toronto Islands are on our doorstep, with secluded beaches, bird sanctuaries, washrooms, picnic areas, a cottage-country feel, and many waterways to paddle and explore. Stay healthy and experience the wilderness in the city.
For safety reasons, all stand up paddleboard rental guests will be shuttled over to the island on our pontoon boat at no extra charge to start and end their rental from our island dock.
Save 50% on your rentals with Frequent Paddler Codes!
Learn More about the Toronto Islands
- Find out where to get food and drinks and learn more about Toronto's rich history.
- View a map of the Toronto Islands and where to paddle.
- Download a map of the Toronto Islands and paddling boundaries.
Stand Up Paddleboard Rental Fees
Rentals include all safety equipment and taxes.
|Length of Time||Price|
|Up to 2 Hours||$50|
|Up to 3 Hours||$65|
Are you interested in saving 50% off your rental? Take advantage with our Frequent Paddler Codes!
|Start Time||Return Time|
|Monday-Friday||12 noon||Before sunset|
|Saturday-Sunday||10 am||By 5:30 pm|
Stand Up Paddleboard Requirements
- Previous paddling experience is required for paddleboards.
- All renters will be assessed for paddling abilities and will need to demonstrate paddleboard stability and control (i.e. going in a straight line & stopping).
- We have a foootwear policy. Paddleboarders need to wear appropriate footwear around our site and docks at all times.
- Renters must be 18 or older (come prepared to show I.D.)
- Renters 17 years of age and under, coming WITH or WITHOUT a parent/guardian require parent/guardian to sign a youth waiver.
- Please check home page for weather/water conditions the day of your rental to make sure conditions match your abilities.
- If you plan on taking a dog you must supply a doggie lifejacket and your dog must have previous experience in a canoe.
- If you are running more than a half hour late for your rental, we would be happy to reschedule your booking. Just contact the office.
Try one of these options:
- Rent a tandem (2-person) kayak.
- Join a guided Big Voyageur Canoe Tour.
- Join a guided Tandem Kayak Tour.
- Enquire about our Stand Up Paddleboard lessons.
What about Weather & Winds?
On windy days we work with the renter and their abilities and pontoon boat shuttle people and their rental equipment to start and end within the islands where the winds are broken. Canoes and Paddleboards are always rented by us this way even on less windy days since they are more susceptible to getting blown around. There is no extra fee for this, maybe just a bit more patience on your part as we shuttle folk back and forth. We thank you for your understanding as we try to keep everyone safe.
As for thunderstorms and heavy rain or extreme winds, we try to give you as much notice as possible when we cancel rentals. We give you the choice of a full refund or to move your reservation to another date. We ask everybody who has a rental reservation to check our homepage of our website before they leave home to check on any updates.