Sea Kayak Rentals
We are planning to open up for rentals on Saturday June 13! Thanks for your patience and we look forward to helping you enjoy Toronto’s waterfront in 2020.
The beautiful 13 Toronto Islands are on our doorstep, with secluded beaches, bird sanctuaries, washrooms, picnic areas, a cottage-country feel, and many waterways to paddle and explore. Stay healthy and experience the wilderness in the city.
Want to paddle with a guide and group each week? Join us each week at our kayak evening social paddles and BBQ.
Save 50% on your rentals with Frequent Paddler Codes.
Learn More about the Toronto Islands
- Find out where to get food and drinks and learn more about Toronto’s rich history.
- View a map of the Toronto Islands and where to paddle with approximate times.
- Download a map of the Toronto Islands and paddling boundaries.
Kayak Rental Fees
We have both single and double kayaks for one or two people. Rentals include all safety equipment and taxes.
|Length of Time||Solo Kayak (one person)||Tandem Kayak (two people)|
|Up to 2 Hours||$45||$60|
|Up to 3 Hours||$60||$80|
Are you interested in saving 50% on your rental? Take advantage with our Frequent Paddler Codes.
|Start Time||Return Time|
|Monday-Friday||12 noon||Before sunset|
|Saturday-Sunday||10 am||By 5:30 pm|
Sea Kayak Rental Requirements
- Previous paddling experience is required for solo kayaks. Absolute beginners should rent a double or two-person kayak.
- All renters will be assessed for paddling abilities and will need to demonstrate kayak stability and control (i.e. going in a straight line, balance & stopping).
- Renters must be 18 or older (come prepared to show I.D.), and are required to bring a signed adult waiver.
- Renters under 15 years of age coming WITH a parent/guardian require parent/guardian to sign a youth waiver.
- Renters aged 15-17 coming WITHOUT a parent/guardian require parent/guardian to sign a youth waiver.
- A major credit card is required for damage deposit (your card will not be charged unless boat and equipment are damaged or not returned).
- Please check home page for weather/water conditions the day of your rental to make sure conditions match your abilities.
- If you plan on taking a dog you must supply a doggie lifejacket and your dog must have previous experience in a canoe.
- If you are running more than a half hour late for your rental, we would be happy to reschedule your booking. Just contact the office.
Please check home page for weather/water conditions and water temp/wetsuit requirements.
Try one of these options:
- Rent a tandem (2-person) kayak
- Join a guided Voyageur Big Canoe Tour.
- Join a guided Tandem Kayak Tour.
- Enquire about our beginner kayak courses.
What about Weather & Winds?
On windy days we work with the renter and their abilities and pontoon boat shuttle people and their rental equipment to start and end within the islands where the winds are broken. Canoes and Paddleboards are always rented by us this way even on less windy days since they are more susceptible to getting blown around. There is no extra fee for this, maybe just a bit more patience on your part as we shuttle folk back and forth. We thank you for your understanding as we try to keep everyone safe.
As for thunderstorms and heavy rain or extreme winds, we try to give you as much notice as possible when we cancel rentals. We give you the choice of a full refund or to move your reservation to another date. We ask everybody who has a rental reservation to check our homepage of our website before they leave home to check on any updates.