Introduction to Sea Kayaking Lesson Day 2
Perfect for new paddlers coming off the Kayak Intro Day 1 or Kayak Evening Course to further develop their kayaking skills.
- Solo kayak
- Kayak skirt & paddle
- All safety equipment
This follow-up full-day course is perfect for a new sea kayaker coming off the Kayak Introduction Day 1 or Kayak Evening Course who want to further develop their kayaking skills.
Throughout the day you will spend lots of time learning new skills and putting them into practice during a light tour of the Toronto Islands. This course also offers the opportunity to practice assisted and solo rescues for those who want to get in the water.
To see Minimum Age for this course and our Cancelation Policy, scroll down to The Fine Print.
What You Will Learn
- Furthering Sea Kayaking Day 1 skills.
- Learn the wet exit.
- Retrieve a swamped kayak.
- Assisted rescue.
Course Dates and Times
- Sea Kayaking Day 1 Intro or Sea Kayaking Evening Lesson plus some paddling experience, such as a social paddle.
What to Bring
- Bagged lunch/Snacks if participating in a full day excursion.
- Water/sports drink.
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet.
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet.
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string.
- A rain jacket/pants (optional).
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
This course focuses on technical proficiency and paddling efficiency at the basic level for those wishing to remain in relatively calm conditions.Learn More
The Fine Print
13 years of age accompanied by an adult or 16 years of age without.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 7 days notice prior to the start of your program. Exceptions at our discretion. Zero refund for ‘no show’.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before leaving for your program. In this case, we will try to re-schedule to another date or offer a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.