Introduction to Sea Kayaking Lesson Day 2
Perfect for a new paddler coming off the Introduction Day 1 or evening course and wants to further develop their kayaking skills.
- Solo kayak
- Kayak skirt & paddle
- All safety equipment
This follow-up full-day course is perfect for a new sea kayaker coming off the beginner day 1 or evening course who want to further develop their kayaking skills.
Throughout the day you will spend lots of time learning new skills and putting them into practice during a light tour of the Toronto Islands. This course also offers the opportunity to practice assisted and solo rescues for those who want to get in the water.
Participants have the opportunity to achieve their Paddle Canada Basic Sea Kayak Skills Certification either by performing rescues in-lake during this course or combining this course with an in-pool rescue class.
What You Will Learn
- Furthering Sea Kayaking Day 1 skills.
- Learn the wet exit.
- Retrieve a swamped kayak.
- Assisted rescue.
Course Dates and Times
- Sea Kayaking Day 1 Lesson or Sea Kayaking Evening Lesson plus some paddling experience, such as a social paddle.
What to Bring
Free day-use lockers are available however we recommend leaving valuables at home.
- Your completed and signed waiver (download the waiver).
- Water/sports drink.
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet.
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet.
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string.
- Bagged lunch if participating in a full day excursion.
- A rain jacket/pants (optional).
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
This course focuses on technical proficiency and paddling efficiency at the basic level for those wishing to remain in relatively calm conditions.Learn More
The Fine Print
13 years of age accompanied by an adult or 16 years of age without.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before arriving. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.