Spring Intermediate Kayak Value Package
Due to coronavirus, spring 2021 pkg is cancelled.
This is perfect for paddlers with experience looking to get a jump-start on their paddling season with a series of Sunday excursions.
- 6 excursions, excluding Mother’s Day.
- If not using your own equipment, we will supply kayak, lifejacket, skirt and paddle.
- A limited number of drysuits are available upon request.
Our Spring Intermediate Kayak Value Package is perfect for those paddlers with experience looking to get a jump-start on their paddling season with these 6 Sunday excursions.
What You Will Learn
- Potentially cooler, windier, wet conditions.
- Various sea-states.
- Opportunity to start getting into shape for the paddling season.
- Fun social paddles.
Course Dates and Times
- Minimum 2 years paddling with intermediate skills.
- Appropriate cold water paddling clothing (drysuit or wetsuit/drytop combo).
- Willingness to endure cold and wet paddling conditions.
- A good, clean joke or story from the winter.
What to Bring
Free day-use lockers are available however we recommend leaving valuables at home.
- Your completed and signed waiver (download the waiver).
- Water/sports drink.
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet.
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet.
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string.
- Snacks and a bagged lunch.
- A rain jacket/pants (optional).
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
This course focuses on technical proficiency and paddling efficiency at the basic level for those wishing to remain in relatively calm conditions.Learn More
The Fine Print
At least 16 years of age.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before arriving. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.