New! Spring Excursions and Skills Refresher
Join us evenings for a pre-season kayaking opener that gets us out on the water and moving again.
- 6 evening excursions
- If not using your own equipment, we will supply solo kayak, lifejacket, skirt and paddle
Join us evenings for a pre-season kayaking opener that gets us out on the water and moving again. Our focus will be on embracing the conditions of the day and reviewing some basic safety protocols and paddling techniques when appropriate. This program offers the opportunity to begin the paddling season with fundamental skills being reviewed and practiced in a day touring format.
What You Will Learn
- Review and practice of fundamental paddling and safety protocols for group travel
- Opportunity to develop confidence and proficiency of basic skills
- Opportunity to paddle in more demanding conditions when presented
Course Dates and Times
Tue & Thu 5:30-9:00 pm
- Minimum 2 years paddling with intermediate skills
- Cold water immersion gear: paddling drysuit or Farmer John/Jane wetsuit with paddling jacket, appropriate head/feet/hand protection
- Willingness to paddle in cold and windy conditions
What to Bring
- Water/sports drink.
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet.
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet.
- Extra layers for evening paddles.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string.
- A rain jacket/pants (optional).
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
Private: Fall Intermediate Kayak Value Package
Not available in 2022.
Perfect for those paddlers with experience looking to extend the paddling season with like-minded paddlers.
Paddle Canada Sea Kayak Level-1 Kayak Value Package
This course focuses on technical proficiency and paddling efficiency at the basic level for those wishing to remain in relatively calm conditions.Learn More
Introduction to Sea Kayaking Lesson Day 2
Perfect for new paddlers coming off the Kayak Intro Day 1 or Kayak Evening Course to further develop their kayaking skills.Learn More
The Fine Print
At least 16 years of age.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before leaving for your program. In this case, we will try to re-schedule to another date or offer a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.