Kayak Fall Intermediate Value Package
Perfect for those paddlers with experience looking to extend the paddling season with like-minded paddlers. Erik will help you achieve your short & long term paddling goals.
- 6 excursions.
- If not using your own equipment, we will supply kayak, lifejacket, skirt and paddle.
- Goal setting phone call prior to start of program
Welcome to a newly revised and enhanced program that invites paddlers to apply and practice their kayaking skills in the fall conditions. The fall sea-state conditions are typically more “textured”, due to increased winds and the transitions from fall to winter. Fall conditions make this program an intermediate/advanced level program. There will be 6 excursions with up to 8-10 participants. These sessions can provide opportunity for personal performance coaching, kayak skill application, safety and rescue protocols and a confident day touring with peers. The program will feature many elements of the Paddle Canada Level 2/3-program certification content, in terms of kayak safety, knowledge, leadership and skills. Participants will require specific skills, knowledge and experience to join in on these excursions along with specific personal gear and equipment for colder weather. Please note that all participants will be interviewed prior to the program’s start date in order to establish personal long/short-term performance goals.
What You Will Learn
- Working on your short & long term goals under the coaching of Erik Ogaard
- Great experience in various sea-states.
Course Dates and Times
Arrive by 10:30am for an 11:00am launch, returning to the docks around 3pm.
- Participants will require their own appropriate paddling clothing (see what to bring)/(we no longer have drysuits to borrow).
- Appropriate physical conditioning.
- Able to comfortably paddle at a sustainable rate of 6km/hour
- 3 seasons of paddling experience and confident paddling skills
What to Bring
Free day-use lockers are available however we recommend leaving valuables at home.
- Your completed and signed waiver (download the waiver).
- Dry suit with thermals or farmer Jane/John wet suit with paddling top
- Head (scull cap or touque), hand and feet cold weather protection
- Hypothermia Kit – personal means of getting dry and warm after a capsize when/if needed (full change of clothes, small blanket, hot drink, snacks, hand warmers)
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string.
- Snacks and a bagged lunch.
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
This course focuses on technical proficiency and paddling efficiency at the basic level for those wishing to remain in relatively calm conditions.Learn More
The Fine Print
At least 18 years of age.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 7 days notice prior to the start of your program. Exceptions at our discretion. Zero refund for ‘no show’.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before leaving for your program. In this case, we will try to re-schedule to another date or offer a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.