Paddle Canada Sea Kayak Level-1 Kayak Value Package
This course focuses on technical proficiency and paddling efficiency at the basic level for those wishing to remain in relatively calm conditions.
- Solo kayak
- Kayak skirt & paddle
- All safety equipment
This dynamic Paddle Canada certification course offers the beginner paddler continued development of kayaking safety and paddling skills. The Level-1 certification focuses on technical proficiency and paddling efficiency at the basic level for those wishing to remain in relatively calm conditions and protected waters.
This program is intended for beginner kayakers with some experience who want to become technically more proficient at the basic level.
This longer-term learning approach and unique progression of our value packages allows you to get to know your fellow students who could become life-long paddling buddies.
What You Will Learn
- Functional paddling skill refinement.
- Technical paddling skill introduction and development.
- Day trip planning theory and practice.
- Assisted and solo rescue practice.
- Paddle Canada Sea Kayak Level-1 national certification.
Course Dates and Times
- Beginner Kayak Value Package or Kayak Day 1 Intro Course with social paddles, or equivalent skills and kayak paddling experience at the basic level.
What to Bring
Free day-use lockers are available however we recommend leaving valuables at home.
- Your completed and signed waiver (download the waiver).
- Water/sports drink.
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet.
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet.
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string.
- Bagged lunch if participating in a full day excursion.
- A rain jacket/pants (optional).
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
The Fine Print
13 years of age accompanied by an adult or 16 years of age without.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before arriving. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.