Introduction to Sea Kayaking Evening Lesson
This basic kayaking safety and skills course to give you a taste of what sea kayaking is all about.
- Solo kayak.
- Kayak skirt & paddle.
- Safety equipment.
Take advantage of our single evening basic kayaking safety and skills course to give you a taste of what sea kayaking is all about. We will help familiarize you with the equipment and instruct some functional skills so that you can enjoy kayaking whenever the opportunity arises.
Most past participants of this course feel confident enough to join us for our Evening Social Paddle or to rent from us when the conditions are appropriately calm. Alternatively, this course has been used as an annual refresher to brush up on the basics.
This course is our most popular class so register early to avoid disappointment.
What You Will Learn
- On-land safety and preparation.
- On-water basic strokes to build both confidence and skills.
Course Dates and Times
What to Bring
Free day-use lockers are available however we recommend leaving valuables at home.
- Your completed and signed waiver (download the waiver).
- Water/sports drink.
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet.
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet.
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string.
- Bagged lunch if participating in a full day excursion.
- A rain jacket/pants (optional).
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
The Fine Print
13 years of age accompanied by an adult or 16 years of age without.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before arriving. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.