COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
As we open for business during this pandemic, we all need to do our part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The Q&A’s below should answer most of your questions and concerns, but feel free to email us.
What COVID-19 safety protocols are you putting into place?
We have implemented the following:
- Set up a 6′ spaced queue lines when waiting to check-in for your rental and when receiving your boat and equipment.
- Disinfecting boats, paddles, and lifejacket buckles between uses.
- Disinfecting high traffic hard surfaces regularly.
- Limit the number of passengers being shuttled to the island via our pontoon boat when renting canoes and paddleboards.
- Staff will be wearing masks when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Providing hand sanitizer both outside the office and near the docks
What do I need to bring when visiting your Centre?
- Personal mask
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Personal Lysol wipes, if desired
- Waterproof bag for your personal belongings to take in your boat. Please note that day-use lockers will NOT be available.
- Personal lifejacket, if desired but not required
Will washrooms, change-rooms and lockers be available?
The accessible washroom behind our office will be available for wheelchairs, and our regular mens and women’s washroom is available for our paying guests and staff only. Please ask for the code, as washrooms will always remain locked.
Change-rooms behind our office will be available, as well as an outdoor sink with soap for hand-washing.
Day-use lockers will NOT be available, so come prepared with a waterproof bag to keep your personal belongings with you.
Can I get a refund with less than 24-hours notice if I become ill?
Yes. We ask that only healthy, COVID-19 symptom-free guests visit our site. Please help keep our staff and other guests safe and help stop the spread.