- You have over 96,000 Km of blood vessels, enough to circle the globe twice.
- A hummingbird flaps its wings up to 90 times per second.
- Your heart will beat about 2.6 Billion times over the course of your lifetime, about 100,000 times per day
- when lightning strikes it can reach up to 30,000 degrees celsius (54,000 F)
- dolphins can hear underwater sounds from 24km (15miles) away
- Every second you manufacture over 25 million new body cells
- About 1.3 million earths could fit into the size of the sun
- there are over 4,300 known species of ladybugs
- Your body generates enough heat in 30 minutes to boil almost 2 liters of water
Isn’t life cool? And we could go on and on! Our bodies and the world around us are wonderfully made. Life is amazing, and staying healthy to experience it to the fullest takes planning and understanding.
How are you managing since the corona virus restrictions and these recurring surges? The end is in sight. Have you been able to maintain and even start some important lifestyle changes that contribute to your overall wellness to not only becoming healthier, but staying healthy for a lifetime?
The truth is that our physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing is worth taking care of. Sickness or below average health is either a result of not getting enough of what we need, or getting too much of what we don’t need. When was the last time you asked yourself, “What do I need to add or what do I need to remove in order to improve my overall health, wellness, and enjoyment of life?” Overall health and wellness incorporates our physical, social, mental and spiritual areas of our life. Each of these areas may require some significant additions or subtractions in order to improve our overall health.
Health and wellness is a lifestyle. Good nutrition is a lifestyle. Exercise and stretching is a lifestyle. Stress management is a lifestyle. Prayer, meditation, and investigating God is a lifestyle. Spending time communicating with family and friends is a lifestyle. Why not combine them all through introducing friends and family to paddling maybe a tandem kayak in the nature of the Toronto Islands this summer? Set some super lifestyle goals and start working on them today, then share the gift with others!
Stay healthy everyone and pass on the love! Dave