What is our Cold Water Rental Policy?
When the water temperature drops below 13ºC, we require renters to wear their personal wet/drysuit. The only exception is when there is a qualified staff accompanying you on your paddle. This is to ensure that a rescue can be performed in under 2 minutes in order to reduce your cold water exposure time. Programs which do not require a wetsuit include: Evening Social Paddles, Courses, Private Lessons & Guided Trips. Thank you for your understanding as we try to keep everyone safe.
If you know anyone who may need a little education on the realities of cold water hook'em up with this video: https://youtu.be/fXqQLZ6wPdk
Want to SUP with a guide and group each week? Be sure to check out our SUP Evening Social Paddles & BBQ.
The 13 Toronto Islands are on our doorstep, with secluded beaches, bird sanctuaries, washrooms, picnic areas, a cottage-country feel, and many waterways to paddle and explore. Stay healthy and enjoy the wilderness in the city! Click here to download a Map of the Toronto Islands.
Save 50% off your Rental with Frequent Paddler Codes
- Previous paddling experience required for Paddleboards.
- All renters will be assessed for paddling abilities. Renters will need to demonstrate paddleboard stability and control (i.e. going in a straight line & stopping)
- Paddleboarders need to wear appropriate footwear around our site and docks AT ALL TIMES. Exception only when on your Paddleboard.
- All renters are required to sign a waiver. Click here to view the waiver: Rental Warranty & Consent.
- Renters must be 18 years of age or older to sign Waiver (prepare to show I.D.)
- Renters aged 15-17 require parent/guardian to sign Waiver.
- Major credit card for damage deposit (your card will not be charged unless boat and equipment are damaged or not returned)
- Please check home page for weather/water conditions and water temp/wetsuit requirements.
No Experience? Try one of these options:
- Rent a Tandem (2-person) Kayak
- Join a Guided Big Voyageur Canoe Tour
- Join a Guided Tandem Kayak Tour
- Enquire about our Stand Up Paddleboard Introduction
|Monday-Friday||12 noon||Before sunset|
|Weekends & Holidays||10 am||By 5:30 pm|
(incl. all equipment & taxes)
|Stand Up Paddleboard Fees|
|Up to 2 Hours||$40|
|Up to 3 Hours||$55|
On-line Reservations must be booked 10 hours in advance.
For same-day reservations, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no guarantee of availability, so please try to reserve in advance to avoid disappointment.
NOTE: There have been some reports on the rental booking calendar displaying an incorrect year when using Safari or Firefox. Be sure the correct year is displayed before making any reservations and scroll back if needed. For best performance, we suggest using Chrome as your browser until fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Our rental season ends the last weekend of September. On-line rental reservations will resume May 1st and our rental program will begin Victoria Day Weekend, assuming the water temperature has reached 12C.