New! Kayak Safety and Rescue Skills Clinic
These full-day clinics are an opportunity to practice and build confidence in your wet exit and re-entry skills for kayaking.
- Solo kayak
- Kayak skirt and paddle
- Safety equipment
Added to this program is a scenario driven component that introduces safety protocols for mananging capsizes in open water with real, live conditions that are not found in a pool environment. Our focus will be on confident wet exits and basic re-entry skills with assitance and solo. This program can serve as an excellent refresher for all paddlers who have taken courses in the past or just looking to expand their respective ‘safety toolbox’.
To see Minimum Age for this course and our Cancelation Policy, scroll down to The Fine Print.
What You Will Learn
- Review and practice of basic kayak wet exists and re-entry techniques
- Incident/capsize management and safety protocols
- Potentially new ways to get back into your kayak in deep water
- Review and practice of towing techniques
Course Dates and Times
9:30 am to 4:30 pm
9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Past experience and instruction in basic kayak safety and rescue
- Appropriate immersion gear for the current conditions
What to Bring
- Bagged lunch/Snacks if participating in a full day excursion
- Water/sports drink
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day
- A change of clothes and shoes
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string
- A rain jacket/pants (optional)
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
The Fine Print
13 years of age accompanied by an adult or 16 years of age without.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 7 days notice prior to the start of your program. Exceptions at our discretion. Zero refund for ‘no show’.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before leaving for your program. In this case, we will try to re-schedule to another date or offer a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.