What is our Cold Water Rental Policy?
When the water temperature drops below 13ºC, we require renters to wear their personal wet/drysuit. The only exception is when there is a qualified staff accompanying you on your paddle. This is to ensure that a rescue can be performed in under 2 minutes in order to reduce your cold water exposure time. Programs which do not require a wetsuit include: Evening Social Paddles, Courses, Private Lessons & Guided Trips. Thank you for your understanding as we try to keep everyone safe.
If you know anyone who may need a little education on the realities of cold water hook'em up with this video: https://youtu.be/fXqQLZ6wPdk
The 13 Toronto Islands are on our doorstep, with secluded beaches, bird sanctuaries, washrooms, picnic areas, a cottage-country feel, and many waterways to paddle and explore. Stay healthy and enjoy the wilderness in the city! Click here to download a Map of the Toronto Islands and Paddling Boundaries. Our rental program begins Victoria Day Weekend, assuming the water temperature has reached 12C. Our rental season ends the last weekend of September.
Save 50% on your Rentals with Frequent Paddler Codes (FPC)
- Previous paddling experience required for Paddleboards.
All renters will be assessed for paddling abilities. Renters will need to demonstrate paddleboard stability and control (i.e. going in a straight line & stopping)
- Footwear Policy: Paddleboarders need to wear appropriate footwear around our site and docks AT ALL TIMES. Exception only when on your Paddleboard.
- All renters are required to sign a waiver. Click here to view the waiver: Rental Warranty & Consent.
- Renters must be 18 years of age or older to sign Waiver (prepare to show I.D.)
- Renters aged 15-17 require parent/guardian to sign Youth Waiver.
Major credit card for damage deposit (your card will not be charged unless boat and equipment are damaged or not returned)
Please check home page for weather/water conditions and water temp/wetsuit requirements.
No Experience? Try one of these options:
|Monday-Friday||12 noon||Before sunset|
|Saturday-Sunday||10 am||By 5:30 pm|
(incl. all equipment & taxes)
|Stand Up Paddleboard Fees|
|Up to 2 Hours||$40|
|Up to 3 Hours||$55|