What is our Cold Water Rental Policy?
When the water temperature drops below 13ºC, we require renters to know their in-water Rescues and to wear their personal wet/drysuit. The only exception is when there is a qualified staff accompanying you on your paddle. This is to ensure that a rescue can be performed in under 2 minutes in order to reduce your cold water exposure time. Programs which do not require a wetsuit include: Evening Social Paddles, Courses, Private Lessons & Guided Trips. Thank you for your understanding as we try to keep everyone safe.
If you know anyone who may need a little education on the realities of cold water, hook'em up with this video: https://youtu.be/fXqQLZ6wPdk
The 13 Toronto Islands are on our doorstep, with secluded beaches, bird sanctuaries, washrooms, picnic areas, a cottage-country feel, and many waterways to paddle and explore. Stay healthy and experience the wilderness in the city! Click here to download a Map of the Toronto Islands and Paddling Boundaries.
Our on-line Rental Reservations are now available for booking and will run until the last weekend of September.
Want to paddle with a guide and group each week? Be sure to check out our Kayak Evening Social Paddles & BBQ
Save 50% on your Rentals with Frequent Paddler Codes (FPC)
- Previous paddling experience required for Solo Kayaks.
- All renters will be assessed for paddling abilities. Renters will need to demonstrate boat stability and control (i.e. going in a straight line, balance & stopping)
- All renters are required to sign a waiver. Click here to view the waiver: Rental Warranty & Consent.
- Renters must be 18 years of age or older to sign Waiver (prepare to show I.D.)
- Renters aged 15-17 require parent/guardian to sign Youth Waiver.
- Major credit card for damage deposit (your card will not be charged unless boat and equipment are damaged or not returned)
- Please check home page for weather/water conditions and water temp/wetsuit requirements.
- If you plan on taking a dog out, we recommend a canoe, and you must bring a doggie lifejacket
- If you are running late we would be happy to reschedule your booking
No Experience? Try one of these options:
|Monday-Friday||12 noon||Before sunset|
|Saturday-Sunday||10 am||By 5:30 pm|
| RENTAL FEES
(incl. all equipment & taxes)
|Solo Kayak||Tandem Kayak|
|Up to 2 Hours||$45||$60|
|Up to 3 Hours||$60||$80|