What is our Cold Water Policy?
When the water temperature drops below 13ºC/55ºF, we want all paddlers to know and have practiced their in-water rescues, paddle with others who know their rescues, and to wear their personal wet/drysuit and lifejacket. This is to ensure that a rescue can be performed in under 2 minutes in order to reduce your cold water exposure time. Watch the hourly weather forecasts carefully and be extra careful of winds from the east on the harbour. Thank you for your understanding as we try to keep everyone safe.
If you know anyone who may need a little education on the realities of cold water, hook'em up with this video: https://youtu.be/fXqQLZ6wPdk
The 13 Toronto Islands are on our doorstep, with secluded beaches, bird sanctuaries, washrooms, picnic areas, a cottage-country feel, and many waterways to paddle and explore. Stay healthy and experience the wilderness in the city! Click here to download a Map of the Toronto Islands and Paddling Boundaries.
We are now CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. Our on-line Rental Reservations will resume May 9th, 2020 to make bookings starting Victoria Day Weekend. Thanks for paddling with us and we look forward to help you enjoy Toronto's Waterfront next season.
Want to paddle with a guide and group each week? Be sure to check out our Kayak Evening Social Paddles & BBQ
Save 50% on your Rentals with Frequent Paddler Codes (FPC)
- Previous paddling experience required for Solo Kayaks.
- All renters will be assessed for paddling abilities. Renters will need to demonstrate boat stability and control (i.e. going in a straight line, balance & stopping)
- All renters are required to sign a waiver. Click here to view the waiver: Rental Warranty & Consent.
- Renters must be 18 years of age or older to sign Waiver (prepare to show I.D.)
- Renters aged 15-17 require parent/guardian to sign Youth Waiver.
- Major credit card for damage deposit (your card will not be charged unless boat and equipment are damaged or not returned)
- Please check home page for weather/water conditions and water temp/wetsuit requirements.
- If you plan on taking a dog out, we recommend a canoe, and you must bring a doggie lifejacket
- If you are running late we would be happy to reschedule your booking
No Experience? Try one of these options:
|Monday-Friday||12 noon||Before sunset|
|Saturday-Sunday||10 am||By 5:30 pm|
| RENTAL FEES
(incl. all equipment & taxes)
|Solo Kayak||Tandem Kayak|
|Up to 2 Hours||$45||$60|
|Up to 3 Hours||$60||$80|