F. U. N. !
‘U’ is for Understanding Furthering our own local ecosystem knowledge & paddling skills.
‘N’ is for Nature Having an appreciation for nature and a passion to bring urban folks closer to it.
Required Skills & Certifications:
- Strong Team Player; works well with all staff
- Strong Public Relations; positive interaction with the Public
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR 'C' Certificate
- Valid Pleasure Craft Operator Licence, to operate Motor Boats
- Valid Toronto Harbour Licence
- Able to safely lift 60 lbs.
We Will Train You In:
- Working with Instructors to co-ordinate Program set up and de-commissioning of equipment
- Performing Safe Paddler Skills Assessment for Canoe, Kayak and SUP
- Outfitting Renters with Required Equipment
- Assisting Guests with their Personal Storage Boat
- Performing Rescues using Kayaks and/or Pontoon Boat
- Maintaining Site, Docks & Boats for Cleanliness and Safety
- Boat Repairs
To apply for Dock Crew, please email your Resume to email@example.com. Application deadline is March 31st.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Relation Skills
- Strong Team Player; works well with Instructors, Guides & Dock Crew
- Good Computer Skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Email, etc.
- Good Organizational Skills
- Able to multi-task and cope well in a busy environment
We Will Train You In:
- Bookeo On-line Course Reservation Program
- Checkfront Rental Reservation Program
- Answering Email and Phone Messages
- Taking and Processing Payments
- Booking Instructors for Courses
- Cancellation Procedures
- Prepare Instructor Course Packets
- Checking First Aid and Office Supplies
- Other Duties, as required
To apply for Office Crew, please email your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is March 31st.
SUMMER MARINE KIDS CAMP
Offered through Harbourfront Centre, our Camps run Mon-Fri during July and August. All staff is required to attend mandatory training the last week of June before camps begin as well as commit to working a minimum of 8 out of 9 weeks of camp. Interested candidates for Senior or Junior Instructors and Instructors in Training (IIT) should apply through Harbourfront Centre's online recruitment portal by clicking here. Application deadline is April 26th, 2019. Interviews are scheduled during the month of May.
To provide a fun and safe environment for the campers attending their group on any given week that follows the description in the Harbour Kids Camp Brochure. Senior Instructors must adhere to our ‘Code of Conduct’ which, if hired is included with their contract. Senior Instructors should utilize the skills and abilities of the Junior Instructor and I.I.T. to improve the quality of lessons and group dynamics. While at camp, Senior Instructors are responsible for the well being of Campers, Junior Instructors, and Instructors-in-Training. They are responsible to plan out each and every day and are in charge of the group’s daily activities; as well as positively follow the Camp Director’s suggestions.
Senior Instructor Requirements (to be satisfied before first day of employment):
- 17 yrs of age by June 30th
- Standard 1stAid/CPR C Certificate
- Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Acquired or working on Flatwater Instructor Certification in either Canoeing or Kayaking
- Bronze Cross or NLS Certificate
- Camp Experience with children
- Good communication/organizational skills
To provide assistance to Senior Instructors in the planning of lessons and/or day plans. In emergency situations, Junior Instructors should go where needed to provide any assistance that is required. Junior Instructors must follow any instructions given by the Senior Instructors unless it puts them or any of the campers in harms way. Junior Instructors must adhere to our ‘Code of Conduct’ which, if hired is included with their contract. At any point in the week and without notice, Junior Instructors may be subject to move from group to group to provide assistance.
Junior Instructor Requirements (to be satisfied before first day of employment):
- 16 yrs of age by June 30th / Grade 10 completed
- Standard 1st Aid/CPR C Certificate
- Police Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening or Statutory Declaration
- Canoe or Kayak Experience, Camp Experience
- Bronze Cross or NLS Certificate preferred
- Good communication and organizational skills
INSTRUCTOR-IN-TRAINING (Unpaid Volunteer Position)
Instructors in Training (I.I.T.) provide any assistance needed to either Junior or Senior Instructors with camp related activities. An I.I.T. cannot be responsible for any group on their own, on or off the water. As this is an unpaid training position, an I.I.T. is encouraged to learn as many skills and teaching techniques as possible from the various groups to which they are assigned. An I.I.T. may also be assigned teaching responsibilities as seen fit by the Senior Instructor. An I.I.T. is often first considered to fill Junior Instructor positions in future years. I.I.T.’s must commit to a minimum 4 non-consecutive weeks as well as attend a week of staff training the week before camps begin. Volunteer hours may be eligible for high school volunteer requirements (please check with your school).
- 14 yrs of age by June 30th
- Canoe or Kayak Experience
- Camp Experience
Thanks so much for your interest in joining
one of our Crews!