Wellness Paddling Program
Examples and practical techniques that foster a body, mind and spirit connection in your life through the paddling experience.
- Boat, Paddle, PFD
All paddlers are welcome to a not-so-typical but timely paddling program with Erik Ogaard. This is a newly created program that is specifically designed to examine and help us become aware of the many special health benefits that being on the water can offer, far beyond basic paddling skills. The program will gently guide participants through examples and practical techniques that foster a body, mind and spirit connection in your life through the paddling experience. Join in over 4 wonderful evenings and discover a possible new form of moving meditation that can have a meaningful and lasting impact on your overall well-being.
To see Minimum Age for this course and our Cancelation Policy, scroll down to The Fine Print.
What You Will Learn
- Body/Mind/Spirit awareness
- Understanding, building and practicing more presence in our lives
- Breathing techniques for paddlers
- Yoga for paddlers
- Understanding, accepting and making space for our emotions
- Stress, joy and enthusiasm management 101
- Plus improved paddling skills!
Course Dates and Times
- A desire and/or curiosity for bring more presence into your life in a fun way, on the water
- Basic paddling skills, meaning that you have taken basic lessons or better and can safely operate a kayak, canoe or SUP
What to Bring
- Water/sports drink
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day
- A change of clothes and shoes
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string
- A rain jacket/pants (optional)
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
The Fine Print
16 years of age
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before leaving for your program. In this case, we will try to re-schedule to another date or offer a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.