Tandem Canoe Introduction Lesson Day 2
Build your confidence and take your canoeing skills to the next level.
- Canoe, lifejacket, and paddle
- Safety equipment
As a budding canoeist, you have already learned and practiced some of the basic functional skills and understand the importance of communication with your paddling partner but what now?
In this course we will show you how to develop more technically proficient strokes and maneuvers in the canoe which will build both your confidence and skills. This course is perfect for beginner tandem canoeists looking to take their paddling skills to the next level. The course starts on the Island, so fee includes pontoon shuttle.
To see Minimum Age for this course and our Cancelation Policy, scroll down to The Fine Print.
What You Will Learn
- Refined tandem maneuvering including forward paddling, backwards, pivots, and circles.
- Refined canoe strokes including forward, reverse, stopping, draw's and pry's.
- Introduction to solo paddling.
- Canoe balance and stability.
- Continued canoe safety and rescues.
- Carrying a canoe solo.
Course Dates and Times
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Tandem Canoe Introduction Day 1 or "I did it as a kid at camp and I want to do it again with my own family".
What to Bring
- Bagged lunch/Snacks if participating in a full day excursion.
- Water/sports drink.
- Active clothing you don't mind getting wet.
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet.
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day.
- A change of clothes and shoes.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string.
- A rain jacket/pants (optional).
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
Tandem Canoe Introduction Lesson Day 1
Learn the skills needed to paddle in this introductory program.Learn More
The Fine Print
13 years of age accompanied by an adult or 16 years of age without.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before leaving for your program. In this case, we will try to re-schedule to another date or offer a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.