Private Kayak Rolling Pool Session
Due to Covid-19, 2021 pool dates have been cancelled.
Compliment your existing paddling and self-rescue skills by learning to roll.
- Solo kayak
- Kayak skirt & paddle
Compliment your existing paddling and self-rescue skills by learning to roll. Book a 2-hour private lesson with a 2:1 guest/instructor ratio. While rolling typically takes people 2-6 hours to achieve, we make it easier by offering our rolling course in the nice warm waters of the Birchmount Community Centre Pool in Toronto.
What You Will Learn
- Build a solid foundation of body mechanics, practice drills & skills progression involved in rolling a kayak.
- Participants will leave their lesson armed with the knowledge and experience of how to practice on their own.
Course Dates and Times
- Kayak Rescue Course or ability to perform in-water rescues on your own.
What to Bring
- Your completed and signed waiver (download the waiver).
- Bathing suit and/or shorty wetsuit and towel.
- For women: Shorts to wear over bathing suit for comfort.
- Goggles and/or nose plugs (optional).
Birchmount Community Centre Pool
This course takes place at 93 Birchmount Road in Toronto and only a 20 minute drive from Harbourfront.
This course focuses on technical proficiency and paddling efficiency at the basic level for those wishing to remain in relatively calm conditions.Learn More
The Fine Print
13 years of age accompanied by an adult or 16 years of age without.
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before arriving. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.