Paddle Canada Basic Tandem Canoe/Kayak Instructor Course
Instructor Training for Tandem Canoe & Kayak. You can get one or both!
- Boat, Paddle, Pfd
We now present Instructor Training for 2 disciplines of basic paddling – Kayak and Tandem Canoe …yes you can get them both depending on your paddling skills in both craft! This unique format of Instructor Training embraces the fundamentals of safely coaching and instructing beginner paddlers on whatever paddling craft they choose. Qualifying as a candidate for this program requires having at least one, higher than basic skills, Paddle Canada certification in kayak or tandem canoe skills. The opportunity to officially instruct both disciplines, on a national level is available to successful candidates when all pre-requisites and course assignments are met. This program is a deliberately designed length intended for successful and confident completion of the program and readiness to instruct.
What You Will Learn
- Paddle Canada Basic Instructor National Certification
- How to effectively instruct, develop, encourage and build confidence for the beginner paddler
- Improved personal paddling skills and confidence
- Professionalism in recreational paddling
- Enhanced safety techniques and group management skills
- Develop, administer and deliver safe, standardized, fun and meaningful paddling programs with certification
Course Dates and Times
- Meet Paddle Canada Basic Instructor course prerequisites for at least one paddling discipline
- Be registered as an Instructor Candidate with Paddle Canada for this particular course (membership fees will apply for Paddle Canada, Course code will be emailed to you for PC registration)
- Adequate practice of basic personal paddling and safety skills to a proficient, quality demonstration level
- Current 1st Aid and CPR
What to Bring
- Active clothing you don't mind getting we
- Water/sports drink.
- Secure footwear you don't mind getting wet.
- Extra layers in case it cools off during the day
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with floater string
- A change of clothes and shoes
- Bagged lunch and snacks
- A rain jacket/pants/wet or dry suit
Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre
This course starts at our mainland office at 283 Queen's Quay West. Get driving directions.
The Fine Print
16 years of age
Our Cancelation Policy
To receive a full refund or to switch to another date, we require 48 hours notice prior to the start of your program. Bookings cancelled less than 48 hours in advance will be partially refunded or switched to another date at our discretion.
We reserve the right to cancel any program with less than 24 hours notice due to changing weather conditions such as strong winds or thunderstorms. Please check your email for cancellation notices before leaving for your program. In this case, we will try to re-schedule to another date or offer a full refund. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but your safety and well-being is our top priority.